Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Coolest Brother Outlaw Evah!



Well I only have one, but that doesn't matter. Just got a box in the mail from my favorite brother in-law, Darren. Two North Coast Old Rasputin XI and a Twentieth Anniversary Ale, which I haven't even heard of yet. While Old Rasputin is easily available in Decatur, the special edition XI is aged in "12 year-old oak bourbon barrels for nine months. Released only at the brewery's retail store in Fort Bragg." Cannot wait to try this one!

The label on 20 says, "67% Ale Aged in Oak Barrels, 33% Ale Brewed with Agave Nectar." I know that the XI was only available at the brewery in Ft. Bragg, Ca and can only imagine that the 20th was the same deal. While I was in the Bay Area for SF Beer Week this past February, I gave serious thought to making the 360 mile round trip to Ft. Bragg to grab some of the Old Raspy 11. The farthest north I have been in California is Boonville, home to Anderson Valley Brewing Company. But Ft. Bragg is 50 miles north of Boonville, on pretty windy 2-lane roads, from what I have heard.

Anyway, thanks for the ultra rare beers Darren and just remember...payback is a bitch! Cheers Brother

No comments: